photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, January 2, 2015

A New Year : My One Word and why I chose it.

The pastor at our church co-wrote the "My One Word" book and has encouraged the church to choose a word for about 7 years.  This will be my third year participating.  The purpose of MOW is to use it as a lens for your life throughout the year.  You apply it daily and live by it to help you grow. My year doesn't really feel as if it has a direction until I pick a word.

So this year, my word is :
The definition is :
to accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation).

Why this word? 

Simply put, I want to work on listening to God and go where He leads me. Whether that means continuing to be a stay-at-home-mom for this year or exploring new opportunities.  I am a very productive person and like to feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.  I would be lying if I said that being a SAHM gives me that feeling often. That is one of my biggest struggles when it comes to being a mommy, but I also know that those days WILL come. 

I  feel like I'm so busy being a mom and trying SO hard to be present, that I unintentionally turn off my ears throughout the year. Most days I am just trying to get through the day.  For me personally, this creates a pattern of complacency and shutting out other opportunities because I'm just flat-out exhausted. I want to say yes to more if I feel God leading me to it.

Last year, our biggest step-out in faith was leading our small group. I say it all the time, but it's been one of the biggest blessings for us in 2014.  I want to be more available to God even when it means stepping out of my comfort zone.  Trying to find the balance between listening to God and still being committed to two small children is hard to say the least. I hope that this word will help me make decisions for 2015.

If you have never chosen a word, you definitely need to give it a try! You will be amazed at how it focuses your life. I always like to choose a word that promotes growth and may be a little hard to follow through with at times. 

I wish all of you a happy, healthy and wonderful 2015!!!  

What is YOUR word???



6 comments:

  1. Mine would definitely be listen. My goal this year is to be "present" in all circumstances and I believe that starts with listening. I am bad about zoning out or thinking what I want to think and not really listening. Loved this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey! Listen is a great word. Prayers for you in 2015!!

      Delete
  2. I love this Idea of choosing a word. If I had to pick a word I would pick "balance" I want to try to balance it all and give more time to spend in the word because I know I want my relationship with God to grow and he will lead me to where I need to be,
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Chelsea!! Finding balance can be so hard and you may not ever feel like you have it all balanced out perfectly :) Just living by the word for 2015 will help you so much. Blessings :)

      Delete
  3. Stumbled across your blog and loved reading this post! I think mine is going to be "follow." Love Galatians 5:25, "Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives." Graduating in May and not sure what's in store. Loved this post and the word abide!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabitha. I love this verse! Great word as well. Having unknowns after you graduate is nerve wracking to say the least! I hope that "follow" will give you peace of mind this year. Blessings :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover