Complete.
Do ya'll know how long I've wanted to post about this thing being finished?? :)
I always like to include the backstory for those that might be new here. Find that here.
The last time I updated is here.
..................................................................................
Here she is!
(LOTS of concrete work and landscaping still to be done:)
Here is how it looks all together.
I should have taken a pic straight-on but you get the idea.
Entryway. Love her rug from Tar-jay :)
Immediately to your right is her Pinterest-inspired coat rack.
I heart these oil rubbed bronze fixtures.
This is what you see as soon as you come up the stairs. It is just one large living area. The lighting was so bright it's hard to see the true colors from my pics.

This is what you see as soon as you come up the stairs. It is just one large living area. The lighting was so bright it's hard to see the true colors from my pics.

And immediately to the right of the stairs is their media area. My poor mom still doesn't have cable though :)


These two doors will one day lead onto a two-story deck. What a nice place to have a cup of coffee!

Eating area.

Looking into their Master Bedroom

They do not have a closet door. I think that was part of the plan all along to avoid doors being in the way.

It wouldn't be their room without some type of wind-tunnel-esque fan. :)


Master Bathroom


There is little to no storage space for things, so she bought this cute basket from HomeGoods and it holds ALL of her towels. There is something so great about scaling back so much. Less time doing laundry and cleaning!!

Now that it's all finished, Pa-Pa and Harper like to kick back and enjoy it.
Here are some details for those that have asked!
1. It is roughly 900 sq. ft of living space and 900 ft. of garage space.
2. We decided not to attach their home to ours. Because of that, their home could not have a kitchen. Oh you lovely codes and restrictions!
3. If there was ever a hurricane, I would probably hang out in their house instead of mine. The same annoying codes and restrictions are the ones that make their house one of the sturdiest structures in the neighborhood.
To put it all in perspective, this is what we started with.


What a mess it was. But we cleared it out and now have this!
We still have a bajillion things to clean up, tidy up and reconfigure but it's live-able!
Hallelujah!
Happy Thursday,















LOVE IT! Looks absolutely perfect. In my dream house one day, I hope to have a space like this from my in-laws. Since they're from England, they'll come over for weeks/months at a time when they visit. I always dream about giving them a space like this!!! What a blessing for your kiddos to have your parents around all the time! xx
ReplyDeleteThank you!! It was quite an undertaking, but we are so glad it's all done. If you ever build anything like this in Wilmy, let me know. We would be MORE than happy to talk about the do's and don'ts :)
Delete