photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jimmy's Dirty Thirty Bash


Ok, it wasn’t really a bash.  When I realized I couldn’t pull off a surprise party, I went ahead and told Jimmy that I wanted to do something for his birthday. I offered going on a trip, a party or just dinner for the two of us.

He chose dinner with family and close friends, so that’s what we did!

I loved his invitations so much that it kind of “inspired” me to go with a black and white color scheme.
30SucksMAN_Birthday3JIMMY-01_zpsc3690abb

We had the party at a local favorite restaurant where his brother has worked for many years, so he definitely helped me out along the way.

I had 10 black balloons and 10 white balloons scattered throughout the room and taped old photos of Jimmy as a little boy/teenager to the ribbons. DSC_0008_zps7d20d60a

I think his family really enjoyed looking at them J Here are some of my favorites….

Um, hello Hollin?  Good grief.
photo-13_zpseae64c5d
photo-17_zpsd132ecdb
photo-11_zps8083c448

Not sure what kind of pose this is....
photo-10_zps05cf77c5

It's crazy how much he looks like Harper here..
photo-12_zps35887532

Jimmy and his brother Andrew!
photo-15_zpscf688300

This one is probably my favorite. Who IS that guy???
photo-9_zpsc350c17c


He requested a Key Lime cake and it was to die for.
DSC_0019_zpsb0fb1d7b

Some of my sweet friends came too!! I have known these girls since Kindergarten and we had a small conversation about our 10 year high school reunion coming up this year. What??

DSC_0014_zps773e26d0

The birthday boy and I.
DSC_0018_zps464ee46c


After we ate, we had a little fun with the "skinny arm." I can't knock it too much because it does give you something to do with that arm, but it feels awkward!
DSC_0032_zpsd8485413

DSC_0031_zpsc7a3e4f6

Jimmy, his brother and step-sister Bridger.
DSC_0033_zps21422d62

Jimmy, his dad and step-mom.
photo-18_zps61c1d31f
DSC_0030_zps326d9c64

He got some really nice gifts!

(he is still waiting for the gift from me, it's coming in on Thursday :)

I can't believe my BB is 30. It seems like yesterday when I met him in college at 22. Time really does fly when you are having fun.

DSC_0035_zps4a168377

Happy 30th babe, I love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to Jimmy! And, Megan must have been talking about something serious. She's got that hand going!! Look out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover