Transitioning your baby's room is so hard. Hard literally and hard on mommy's heart. This process was so bittersweet, but I'm proud of what we accomplished.
Harper's room before we gave him a big boy room was just a hot mess. It was one of the first rooms we painted and put together in our new house. I did the best I could, but it was one of those rooms that just wasn't ever "right" and it bugged the tar out of me.
I had been back and forth for a looooong time about what size bed Harper should have next. The crib-turned-toddler-bed that he had was almost falling apart from the many moves we've endured over the last three years. Two weeks ago, we were offered a full size bed by my in-laws. They didn't need it anymore, so bam- my decision was made for me!
Here was his room before we did anything to it. It was a little girl's room in all it's purpely glory.
Here it was after being painted and before he got his big boy bed. See what I mean? .. a hot mess.
And the final result!!
The middle picture frame is waiting for Harper's birth announcement print done by someone on Etsy. I ordered one for him when I ordered Hollin's and still haven't printed it. The other artwork is things he did at Preschool!
I love this bookcase because I grew up with it. It was in my parent's house and I inherited it! I just slapped a coat of paint on it and voila!
The items on the bookcase used to be placed in a more organized fashion, but it just never stays that way. Harper lost the plug to his piggybank, so now it has to stay up side down.
Here is where things get a little messier. We have closet doors for him, but they are in the process of being painted.
This print that hangs above his closet is also something that I grew up with. It hung in one of my mom and dad's bathrooms and I always loved it. It so funny to think that it now hangs in my little boy's room for him to admire.
The fish on this little wall are one of the only original items from his nursery. Sniffle.
Here is the other side of the room. I honestly had a hard time with this because I wanted to keep the mirror. It used to hang above his dresser, but I moved that to the other side of the room. My mom and I found this little bait hanger at Cracker Barrel for 75% off. I just love it.

The buoys and boat oar are from Home Goods.
I love these shelves. Jimmy made these last year and they are so nice for keeping his nicer book and things out of harms way :)
I bought this little "Gone Sailing" pillow at a local shop. I paid full price for it, which I normally wouldn't do, but I had to have it.
His bedside table used to be in our living room in our old house last year. It's hard to see, but I added this cute lamp from Home Depot. They have pink ones too if you are in the market :)
These little stinkers were being so funny while I was taking pics. Why are you trying to go under the bed Hollin?
I love watching him play in his new room!
I am so excited over his room. There was a lot of tweaking but we got there. It is boyish, classic, nautical and cozy. Everything I was hoping for. I think what I love most is that almost every item or piece of furniture was given to us, but we made it just for him.
Yay for big boy rooms!
This print that hangs above his closet is also something that I grew up with. It hung in one of my mom and dad's bathrooms and I always loved it. It so funny to think that it now hangs in my little boy's room for him to admire.
The fish on this little wall are one of the only original items from his nursery. Sniffle.
Here is the other side of the room. I honestly had a hard time with this because I wanted to keep the mirror. It used to hang above his dresser, but I moved that to the other side of the room. My mom and I found this little bait hanger at Cracker Barrel for 75% off. I just love it.

The buoys and boat oar are from Home Goods.
I love these shelves. Jimmy made these last year and they are so nice for keeping his nicer book and things out of harms way :)
I bought this little "Gone Sailing" pillow at a local shop. I paid full price for it, which I normally wouldn't do, but I had to have it.
His bedside table used to be in our living room in our old house last year. It's hard to see, but I added this cute lamp from Home Depot. They have pink ones too if you are in the market :)
These little stinkers were being so funny while I was taking pics. Why are you trying to go under the bed Hollin?
I love watching him play in his new room!
I am so excited over his room. There was a lot of tweaking but we got there. It is boyish, classic, nautical and cozy. Everything I was hoping for. I think what I love most is that almost every item or piece of furniture was given to us, but we made it just for him.
Yay for big boy rooms!





















It looks great!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the nautical theme!!!
Love those shelves above his bed!!
I love it! You did such a great job!!!
ReplyDeleteI love his room! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI think you did an awesome job-----I love the little touches, especially the adorable pillow!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to tell you MUST enter our giveaway over at our updated website, http://www.thechirpingmoms.com to win that precious baby girl some new hair accessories in this week's giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI'm fairly certain I was a sailor in my past life so this room is RIGHT up my sea loving alley!! That pillow is fluffed perfection.
ReplyDeleteThis is a cute room. And it's reassuring to learn that my kids aren't the only ones hanging out less-than-clothed this hot summer :)
ReplyDelete