photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Nursery Reveal! **Updated with where things came from**

*This was originally posted on 10/13/2011.*

Well folks, here it is. We are still looking for a rug, but it's time to go ahead and post these pics because I've not been feeling so well the last few days. I don't want to wait too long!

Scroll down past the pictures to see where items were purchased, etc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

36 weeks and 5 days!
Photobucket

Here is a breakdown of things in the nursery.

~The wall color is Quaking Grass by Valspar (No VOC).
~The curtains are a Waverly fabric and we bought 6 yards, I believe. We then used the Young House Love no-sew method. I think total cost for the fabric was about $65.00
~Curtains rods we already owned. They were black, but we spray painted them in ORB (Oil Rubbed Bronze).
~The hutch was purchased at our neighborhood yard sale for $20.00. It was originally yellow, so we painted it using Crumb Cookie by Valspar. I painted the back of the shelf pink using $2.50 sample paint from Lowe's.
~The changing table was Harper's, we just painted it using Crumb Cookie by Valspar.
~Pink "H" was from Target dollar spot and ribbon is some that I already had.
~Changing pad cover was purchase from Target for about $10.00.

~All canvas baskets and wicker baskets on the changing table, we already owned.
~Monogrammed burp cloths on the changing table were a shower gift. One of my favorites :)
~The rocker and ottoman, we already owned.
~The blanket on the rocker we already owned.
~The pink pillow on the rocker says "Baby" in white and was purchased at Old Time Pottery (local decor shop) for about $7.00
~Wooden side table was purchased from Craigslist for $25.00. The hubby stained it a little darker. He also removed something from the underside of the table to make it shorter. I couldn't have my table taller than my chair. Just one of my pet peeves :)
~Pink polka dot lamp was also from Old Time Pottery for $15.00
~Starfish, green hydrangea, vase and sand, we already owned.
~Wooden shelves were built by my hubby and stained. Supplies were approx $15.00 and we already had the stain.
~Pink Orchid on the shelf was bought on clearance at Home Goods for $5.00
~All other accessories on the shelf, we already owned.
~Picture frames were bought at Walmart.com for about $25.00 then spray painted with ORB.
~Grapevine wreath, we already owned. I painted 3 starfish that I already had orange. I already owned the orange paint as well. It was a $2.50 sample size from Lowe's.
~Pink Feltman Brothers dress was a shower gift!
~Crib was purchased at neighborhood yard sale for $50.00. It was originally black, so we painted it using Crumb Cookie by Valspar.
~Hardware on the crib drawer and hutch was purchased from Lowe's for about $5.00
~We used the leftover fabric to cover the inside of the crib drawer for free! We just used Elmer's glue, let it dry overnight and then we cut off the excess with a razor.
~The round mirror was purchased at Wal Mart for $20.00
~White wall flowers were purchased at Target for $20.00
~Green crib skirt, we already owned.
~Yellow crib sheet bought at Target for about $10.00 We also have one in blue and green.
~Light fixture is from Ikea. I think it was about $60.00. This was a gift from my parents.

I went a little outside of my comfort zone with this nursery by mixing tones a little bit. What I mean is that I didn't want every single thing to be pink or white, so I tried to "ground" the room with the darker wood tones in the shelves, mirror, side table, curtain rods and hardware. I am so happy with the way it turned out! It's girly, without being too sugary sweet and pink. I really love it!

On a sidenote, yesterday was my birthday and today was our 4 year anniversary. Needless to say, we have been busy celebrating and running around. I splurged on color and highlights for my birthday present and tonight we went to dinner at Carrabba's for our anniversary. I've been joking that she can come on out now that my hair has been done..hahah.

We're ready when she is!

P.S. I had a Dr. appt today and I am 1 1/2cm dilated. I've been crampy and having lower/back leg pain. :) :) :)

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! Your decor is always flawless and you look stunning as always!

    Our little boy arrived on the 5th!! I cannot wait to see a post saying your precious girl has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her nursery!!! You guys did such a good job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that she will be here so soon! Love the fabric of the curtains! Did you buy them or make them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! The curtains are my fave and really pull it all together! And even though sewing is "my thing" I say, if you can get away with a no-sew curtain...do it! No one will ever be the wiser. Of course, I can't make that kind for one of my current clients who special ordered nursery curtains. Haha!

    And...happy birthday and anniversary to you...a little late. Looks like our annivs. are just days apart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! Excited to follow along.
    We had our baby boy this Easter Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover