photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, January 6, 2011

House project!

So things have been kind of slow here since the holidays. We've just been enjoying our house and trying to organize as much as possible, but now we've hit THE WALL. You know, the one where you realize that you don't have enough furniture/art to fill your beautiful home and you just sit on your couch staring at the stark spaces around you. Yeah. Just last night, I yelled for Maya to come to me and my voice echoed. An "echo-y" house just isn't cozy.I'm ready for it to feel like home and not a museum.

So, in an effort to start filling up some wall space, Jimmy and I pulled from our memory banks and will be attempting a project that we've admired for a long time:

Photobucket

No, not the shirtless guy. The dune fence!!

I spent for.ev.er researching where to buy a dune fence and then I finally ran across this blog where the instructions were given step-by-step. So yesterday, the hubs and I ran to Lowe's and bought all of the materials. I will be taking my own little spin with this project, however. Instead of staining the fence, I decided to paint it using "White Clover" by Valspar. It's actually not white at all. It's a soft green with gray undertones and we plan to paint them, then sand them to give them a weathered look. I chose to use a color rather than stain because we have SO much brown in this house right now. The floors are a light oak, the couch and loveseat are dark brown leather, our curtain sheers are chocolate brown, our two craigslist chairs are brown as well as a lot of other accessories that are neutral. There just isn't much color in here and it's driving me crazy!

We will be hanging the fence in the wall space above our couch and we CAN'T WAIT to see how it turns out!

Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. So cool! I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! i might have to steal your idea... after i see how yours turns out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover